Cambridge Water, Fulbourne Road
Location: 90 Fulbourne Road, Cambridge
Client: Cambridge Water
Status: Completed 2005
Architects: Barber Casanova Ruffles
The Cambridge Water Company is a water supply utility company serving Cambridge and the surrounding area. It was established by The Cambridge University and Town Waterworks Act, 1853 and was privately owned until it became a Public Limited Company in 1996. The Cambridge Water Company is a water supply company and does not provide wastewater services.
Cambridge Water supplies high-quality drinking water to approximately 300,000 customers, from the Cambridge area, extending to Ramsey in the north, Gamlingay in the west, Balsham in the east and Melbourn in the south. The Company consistently achieves its twin objectives of delivering high levels of customer service and low charges. Household customers have some of the lowest bills in England and Wales, while benefiting from the highest levels of customer service, as measured by the regulator Ofwat.
During refurbishment in 2004, the landscape requirement was for pleached trees, shrub planting and an area of low growing easily maintained evergreens softened using grasses and a bespoke rill of moving water with a central bridge to reflect the rear of the garden and help cool down a south facing aspect